The Border Security Force (BSF) is the first line of Defence in which they are guarding our borders. It was founded on December 1, 1965, it is a Paramilitary force that currently stands as the world’s largest border guarding force. This is a proud moment for us.
The selection procedure of BSF is done by the SSC which is Staff Selection Commission and the exam for the officer rank is conducted by UPSC every year. This force comes under the category of CAPF which is the Central Armed Police Force and has administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs. It is one of many law enforcement agencies in India. The entry to get an officer rank in BSF is very easy for those who are fully dedicated to their work and do hard work to achieve this rank.
There are two officer rank entries in CAPF of India including B.S.F which given below :
- DAGO entry (AC): DAGO stands for Directly Appointed Gazetted Officer and the rank for this entry is called Assistant Commandant(AC). For this entry, you have to qualify the written exam. Every year approximately 60 to 100 vacancies are filled by this exam in BSF. Assistant Commandant is a Class 1 officer in CAPF. For this entry, UPSC conducts a written exam comprising two papers Paper I & Paper II. A candidate who cracked the written test will need to appear for the Interview and the physical test will be conducted by the board members. After qualifying all these steps a candidate gets selected and appointed as an Assistant Commandant.
Education Qualification: Candidates should pass a Degree from a recognized University or equivalent, Possession of NCC C or B Certificate, or outstanding achievements in sports will be an added achievement qualification.
Age Limit: This should be between 19 to 25 years. In the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates in accordance with the orders of Govt from time to time.
- DAGO entry (Sub-Inspector): These posts are filled by the respective organization on their own. They post advertisements which are presented in newspapers and also on their own website of BSF. The procedure is the same as the AC entry. The written examination is conducted by their respective members of BSF and then interview, physical and medical tests also.
Education Qualification: Candidates should have 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Age Limit: The age in between 22 years to 28 years.
Physical Standards: The candidate must be in good physique and should be mentally fit and also they should be free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- The minimum height for Male is 165 Cm And for a female is 157 Cm
- The chest size for Male is 81-86 Cm.
- The min weight for females is 46 kg and for Male is 50 kg.
- The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 or, 6/9 for Male and For females, the distance vision (corrected) should be 6/12 in or 6/9.
- Candidates must possess high color vision.
- Candidates shouldn’t have Flat Foot, Knock knee, and Squint in Eyes.
Credits: Jagran Josh