India throughout the years has manufactured its ability in uncommon activities like the enemy of fear tasks, counter-revolt, and prisoner salvage. At the forefront are Special Forces like NSG, Marcos, and Para Commandos. Indian Special Forces are considered to be one of the deadliest fighting units in the world. They are equipped with the most advanced weapons and accessories. India has acquired top of guns from around the world to enable these Special Forces which are used to neutralize the enemy under any conditions.
The guns chosen by the Special Forces of India vary depending on the surrounding environment and type of operation. In this article, we will look at 5 guns, which are most commonly used by the Special Forces of India.
The Tavor X95
It is also known as Micro-Tavor, it is an Israeli assault rifle, designed by Israel Weapon Industries (IWI). It is an alone derivative of the original IWI Tavor assault rifle. Like all firearms, it was developed in close cooperation with elite units of the Israel Defense Forces in which they are tailored to their specific requirements and needs. India develops it locally under the IWI license, through Ordnance Factory Board. The Indian version is slight customization of the x 95 and is called Zittara. The difference is the Zittara which uses the bullets made by India, instead of standard NATO rounds. Here are some of the main features:
- Overall Length (OAL) is only 22.8 inches making it apt for skillful in close combat scenarios.
- The X95 is 100% ambidextrous to the right or left-hand operation with the optional opposite hand bolt.
- Simple field stripping for easy maintenance.
It has a very balanced design. Even in full-automatic mode, it is easy to control, despite its tiny size. The M4A1 carbine is a lighter and shorter variant of the M16A2 assault rifle. It is a 5.56×45mm NATO, air-cooled, gas-operated,magazine-fed carbine. It contains a 14.5 inch (370 mm) barrel and a telescoping stock. It is designed and manufactured by Colt Defense. The gun was used by the US Navy SEALS to shoot down Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan’s Abbottabad. India acquired M4A1s as part of the 2008 Foreign Military Sales. Here are some of the main features:
- Outfitted with a collapsible stock, shorter barrel, and separable conveying handle, it furnishes officers working around other people with improved taking care of and the capacity to precisely and quickly draw in the objectives.
- Solid overall reliability, like working in a dusty environment or in wet conditions.
- The M4 is also capable of mounting the theM203 grenade launcher. This makes it a very versatile and lethal weapon.
- IR lights and Visibles of various manufacturers can be attached using various mounting methods on the gun.
It is a weapon invented by Lt. Col. Amos Golan which is from the Israeli Defense Force and with the help of American investors. It was designed in the early 2000s for Special Forces and SWAT teams in hostile situations which usually involve hostages and terrorists. Its purpose is to allow its operator to both see and attack an armed target, without exposing the operator to a counter-attack. The 26/11 attacks in Mumbai, then the central government decided to upgrade the weaponry of the NSG and other special forces. The government has purchased a number of these guns from Israeli firm Corner Shots L L C, which manufactures the gun. Here are some of the main features:
- The gun is mounted in the front finish of the weapon, which twists evenly at a mid-firearm pivot. It can turn 60 degrees or even 90 degrees depending on the variant.
- A 40 mm single-shot grenade launcher is also present in this gun.
- There are a digital camera and a flashlight attached to the barrel. Because they are fitted with high-resolution digital cameras, these guns can also be used as a surveillance tool. The 2.5-inch color LCD monitor provides a video observation and sighting system with transmission capability.
Heckler & Koch
It is a 9mm submachine gun of German design. Team of engineers from the German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch(H&K) and designed it. The MP5 is the most broadly utilized submachine gun in the entire world, having been received by 40 countries and insight, law authorization, various military, and security associations. It is also used by SWAT in North America. Here are some of the main features:
- Tremendously reliable, with maximum safety for the user.
- Simple to deal with, secluded, amazingly precise, and exceptionally simple to control when terminating.
- Magazines include 15, 30, 40 rounds detachable boxes or 100 round drum magazines.
- It uses standard-velocity ammunition and still functions quietly.
- The MP5 is available with interchangeable fixed, retracting, and folding buttstocks.
- It is designed as a tactical rifle, MP5 offers a no. of attachment points for accessories and mounting optics.
- The trigger group selections include single-fire only, fully automatic, 2-round, or 3-round burst options.
It is a gas-operated self-loading assault rifle chambered for the 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge. The Beretta AR90 assault rifle was developed by Italy and the Italian Government decided that the law enforcement agencies and the military needed a new standard service weapon. It was made to compete with other NATO weapons by the adoption of standard 5.56mm rounds. This weapon is also designed to be fitted with a rifle grenade and has sights of the grenade. This is much similar to the legendary AK-47 in many aspects. Here are some of the main features:
- It weighs around just 4 kg in a standard arrangement.
- It has three terminating positions: full auto,three-round burst, and self-loader, and a safe.
- It can accept 30 round detachable box magazine 100 round C form drum magazines.
- The unique feature of the AR-90 is the barrel mounting system, which enables fast, field replacement of a barrel with no need for fine-tuning.
- Aside from stamped steel sheets, AR-90 has extensive use of polymer – the forward and pistol grip and the stock. This makes the gun extremely dependable even when exposed to harsh environments.
Some Source: Firearms